Thursday, October 26, 2017

Knotty Knitter?

It's been an incredibly long time since the last time I posted so I figured I'm wayyyy overdue for some catch-up....

Unfortunately on the stitching front, I don't think I picked up any cross-stitching throughout the entire 2017 year! Crazy, I know! Instead I seem to have found myself literally OBSESSED with all things knitting. Here are a few of my more notable finishes from this past year (all of which can be found on Ravelry by searching "Bells4Her"):

Beckett Hat & Polarynn Bear Mittens (The Velvet Acorn)

Noro Striped Socks 

 
Autumn Rainbow Nova 

"Toslynn Top" (The Velvet Acorn)

Currently I'm knitting up a pair of "Vanilla with Sprinkles" socks using Canon Hand Dyes yarn in the colour way "Second on the Right and Straight on Till Morning", from the Peter Pan Polar Opposites Club (yarn pictured below) 

Yesterday I cast on "I want that Wrap" in Estelle Yarns, Alpaca Merino Worsted in a heathered dark grey/brown. The yarn colour wasn't ideally what I envisioned, but that's what you get when you agree to let your local yarn store place an order for you, yarn unseen. The colour's slowly growing on me and I realized that it'll match nicely with a pair of Airwalk cozy boots I own.

Today, I stumbled upon the cutest socks I want to knit up for Lily's teacher for Christmas called "No. 2 Pencil Socks":

 

Other than knitting, I've recently become engrossed with listening to podcasts about knitting, which I didn't even know was a "thing" until about a month ago when I was invited to join the "She Can Make" Ravelry Group. The "She Can Make Podcast" is hosted by Kate and Lindsey and features various segments detailing what the ladies are working on, any issues they've had, ideas for crafting with kids, product/book reviews and much more. I really enjoy their amusing banter, and I find I've already learned quite a bit about knitting/yarns/spinning from their relatively new podcast (they're currently on their 12th episode). And of course it's nice to hear stories from fellow Canadians :)

The other 2 knitting podcasts I've recently started listening to have been around for several years now and so I'm currently playing catch-up. "The Knitmore Girls Podcast" features a mother (Gigi) and daughter (Jasmin) duo who seem to be quite experienced knitters. Again, I've learned quite a bit from the short time I've listened this podcast and they've already turned me on to several new-to-me patterns that I can't wait to add to my knitting queue (e.g. the Icarus Shawl).

Finally, "Down Cellar Studio Podcast" hosted by BostonJen has quickly become my favourite knitting podcast. I find I relate well to Jen's down-to-earth, easy-going nature, and her taste in knitting patterns tends to mirror mine.

I highly recommend you check out the 3 podcasts I mentioned above, and if you have any recommendations of your own, please feel free to leave me a comment.   

Well, that's it for now and hopefully I'll be posting again sooner than later :)

No comments: